portfolio

Friday, March 13, 2009

Work in Progress - Ride 'em Cowboys


Seems like I’ve been working on this painting forever. And I’m still not finished! This painting is titled ‘Ride ‘em Cowboys’. It’s 18″ x 24″, oil on canvas. It’s another painting in my Western Still life series which features vintage western figures. The background is a silk scarf with a cowboy and horse. Yee Haw! The figurines are two ceramic cowboys, their horses and cactus on a American Indian motif rug.


I have a nice collection of Cowboy and Indian figurines and I just can’t paint them fast enough. They call to me “Paint me. Paint me”. I’m so excited about this series of pauintings. They make me smile while I’m painting. What more can I ask for?

I LOVE painting the different textures and the way light bounces off the different objects. I can’t wait to see how this looks when I’m finished

Take a look at my other paintings in this series here