portfolio

Monday, April 27, 2009

May Newsletter - K. Henderson Art

Newsletter May 2009
 
 Greetings. The April Showers didn't bring much moisture here in the Sacramento Mountains of New Mexico But we did have 8 wildfires in one day due to lightening. We are thankful for the volunteer firefighters. The hummingbirds are buzzing around the feeders and the return of the vultures are a sure sign that winter is over.Newsletter May 2009
  
 
 
Oil Painters of America

18th National Juried Exhibition of Traditional Oils

Sage Creek Gallery
Santa Fe, New Mexico
May 1 – 31, 2009

Over 1,500 artists entered the competition with a total of 2,400 oil paintings. Only 200 works of art were selected.

I'm am honored to be one of the selected artists with my painting "Jack in the Box". Jack-in-the-Box is oil on masonite, 16″ x 18″. The toys are from my collection of early 20th century toys. The toys include a jack-in-the-box, a spinning top, alphabet blocks, and a jointed doll with a china head. Also in the painting is an antique book.

I will be attending the Artists’ Reception and Awards Ceremony Sage Creek Gallery and La Fonda Hotel 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. Friday, May 1, 2009. I hope to see you there.

Gallery 822 Anniversary Show

I will also be attending this show . The opening reception is Friday May 8th 3-7 pm This show is featured in the May 2009 issue of Western Art Collector


 

Richeson 75 Still Life Exhibition

Still Life & Floral—May 21 thru June 8, 2009
Each show is physically presented in the Richeson Art Gallery in Kimberly Wisconsin and virtually presented at the Richeson 75 web site. http://www.richeson75.com

I had all 3 of my entries accepted into this show.

My painting "Red Globes" 30" x 30", oil on canvas is one of the pieces selected

  My Galleries
I love each and every one of my galleries. They do a great job representing me. Please stop by and see my work
 
Heritage, Gallery - Scottsdale, Arizona
Red Willow Gallery - Tubac, AZ
Spirits in the Wind Gallery - Golden CO
Atlanta Art Gallery - Atlanta, GA
Gallery at 822 Canyon Road - Santa Fe, NM
Miller, Gallery - Cincinnati, Ohio
Warrior’s Work Gallery - Hill City, SD
Mountain Trails Gallery - Park City, UT
Link Gallery- Cheyenne WY

To see more of my paintings , a list of my galleries and to be the first to see my current work please view these sites

http://www.khenderson.com/

http://www.fineartoils.com/


NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP

If this newsletter didn't come directly from me, and you want to receive future newsletters, then click

K. Henderson newsletter

and sign up so you don't miss any


 If you liked this month's newsletter please forward it to a friend

K. Henderson Art, LLC PO Box 425, Weed, NM 88354 575-687-2634