portfolio

Thursday, September 12, 2013

North and South Art Show


Felix Paints En Plein Air, 16 x 20, oil on cradled board
Bonzo Paints in the Studio, 16 x 20, oil on cradled board

I was invited to participate in an art show at Robert Lange Gallery in Charleston, SC. The opening in Nov 1, 2013

The artists were given these instructions: "Each artist will make two pieces that are the same size depicting the North and South. Each piece can have a different vantage point, different tones, different angles, subject in different positions, different subjects etc…but where they sit together nicely and one represents the North and one the South."

I didn't take the North and South literally but interpreted it to mean 'Opposite' and these 2 paintings are what I came up with. 

I have way too much fun painting!


See more of my Contemporary Realism Paintings on My Website